MyLand is a soil health company. By focusing on soil health, MyLand is helping to tackle two of the world’s biggest challenges: food security and climate disruption. MyLand’s innovative service allows farmers to easily and rapidly implement regenerative agriculture practices and improve their soil health by harnessing the land’s own natural ecosystem. MyLand partners with farmers to infuse life into their soil, helping to return farms to their most fertile state, achieving greater productivity and enhanced profitability.
We are looking to hire a mission-oriented Lab Technician to enhance the company’s laboratory production and research programs. This self-motivated Lab Technician will coordinate and execute research projects and complete algal production tasks. The individual will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate and able to optimize procedures to succeed in producing reliable and important results.
This role will report directly to the Algae Specialist.
• Maintain axenic production and research related cultures, apply isolation techniques when necessary
• Prepare culture media, stock solutions, agar plates, calibration solutions, and take samples
• Design and execute experiments to further optimize production and product quality
• Monitor laboratory inventory
• Assist in preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment
• Assist supervisors and managers in implementing project safety and quality assurance programs
• Collect and document study data/results, write standard operating procedures for laboratory and production tasks, prepare samples for transport
• Maintained detailed QA/QC documents and laboratory notebooks
• Troubleshoot and acquire equipment and process problems
• Respond to project related inquires
• Report project updates and daily meetings
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Phycology, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, and/or related field
• Ability to follow written and verbal safety protocols
• Preferred BSL-2 Aseptic Technique for working in LFH/BSC
• Accurately collect and document samples and data
• Data entry from source documents required calibration
• Perform quality control assays as directed
• Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and timelines
• Self-motivated to update job knowledge by reading technical publications
• Exceptional active listening, verbal, and written communications skills
• Desire to productively challenge the status quo
• Capable of working with interdisciplinary teams to develop and execute business goals
• Ability to travel (less than 5%)
• Strong research, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Experience and understanding safety with agriculture, microalgae, and/or laboratory chemicals
• Has valid driver’s license, can lift up to 50lbs
• Other duties as assigned
To learn more about how MyLand is transforming soil health globally, visit myland.ag.
MyLand is a workplace where everyone belongs. It is imperative to our culture that all employees celebrate their background and experiences. We believe being true to who you are allows us all to be happier, more confident, and excited to do great things together. We are committed to building a company and community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best. Because, without your unique perspective, we can't have ours.