MyLand is a soil health company. By focusing on soil health, MyLand is helping to tackle two of the world’s biggest challenges: food security and climate disruption. MyLand’s innovative service allows farmers to easily and rapidly implement regenerative agriculture practices and improve their soil health by harnessing the land’s own natural ecosystem. MyLand partners with farmers to infuse life into their soil, helping to return farms to their most fertile state, achieving greater productivity and enhanced profitability.
We are looking to hire a mission-oriented Agronomy Technician to assist with our research and development division on our Ag Science Team. As an Agronomy Technician, you will play a vital part in capturing data and conducting laboratory analyses on soil and crop samples. In this unique role, the individual will work in the field and our indoor grow tent chamber, as well as traveling to field sites for specific research activities. This is a full-time position with early morning and/or weekend hours needed during harvesting.
This role will report directly to the Associate Agronomist.
• Establish and maintain experimental field plots and grow tent cultures
• Maintain and enter data in data sheets, computer programs, logs, task lists, and calendars
• Collect qualitative and quantitative data
• Process samples from field, cultures, and laboratory
• Conduct statistical analyses and generate reports and key information
Skills & Qualifications
• BS Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Soil Science, and/or related field
• 3-5 years of Agriculture related research experience
• Ability to follow written and verbal safety protocols
• Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and statistical software
• Ability to travel to field sites and work outside under high heat and extended harvesting periods
• Exceptional active listening, verbal, and written communications skills
• Strong research, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Experience and understanding safety with agriculture, microalgae, and/or laboratory chemicals
• Ability to work independently and participate in team success
• Has valid driver’s license, can lift up to 50lbs
• Other duties as assigned
To learn more about how MyLand is transforming soil health globally, visit myland.ag.
MyLand is a workplace where everyone belongs. It is imperative to our culture that all employees celebrate their background and experiences. We believe being true to who you are allows us all to be happier, more confident, and excited to do great things together. We are committed to building a company and community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best. Because, without your unique perspective, we can't have ours.