Culture and People Operations Specialist
MyLand is a soil health company. By focusing on soil health, we help tackle two of the world’s biggest challenges: food security and climate disruption. Our innovative service allows farmers to easily and rapidly implement regenerative agriculture practices and improve their soil health by harnessing the land’s own natural ecosystem. We partner with farmers to infuse life into their soil, helping to return farms to their most fertile state, achieving greater productivity and enhanced profitability.
MyLand is a workplace where everyone belongs. It is imperative to our culture that all employees celebrate their background and experiences. We believe being true to who you are allows us all to be happier, more confident, and excited to do great things together. We are committed to building a company and community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to be their best. Because, without your unique perspective, we can’t have ours.
The purpose of the Culture and People Operations Specialist is to be the go-to person for MyLand’s most valuable resource, our people. You will be responsible for attracting and recruiting top talent, successfully and uniquely onboarding new employees, ensuring short- and long-term professional needs are being met, creating a collaborative culture between on-site and remote workers, and providing DEIB Leadership training.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to deeply impact our team’s lives and shape our company culture. We are looking for a positive person who is excited about our brand vision and ready to implement empathetic inclusive leadership training and take this role to new levels.
This role will report directly to Shelley Baugh, the Senior Director of Marketing.
This position will need to be based in our Phoenix office with the option for flex/remote days.
- Onboard new hires, including forms processing, schedules, and new hire orientation
- Implement comprehensive recruiting strategies and build a pipeline of qualified candidates
- Provide empathetic training to hiring managers on DEIB and Leadership
- Foster strong internal relationships through communication, collaboration, culture, creativity, and commitment
- Track sentiment of employees with department engagement
- Drive inclusive candidate sourcing by leveraging social media, job boards, and LinkedIn Talent Hub (or similar platforms) to attract best talent to MyLand
- Create a pipeline for future leaders, ensuring that opportunities for growth and advancement are available
- Assist managers with identifying and nurturing top-performing employees
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee programs and initiatives to maximize employee engagement
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, internal communication, or related
- 3-4 years of direct experience in Human Resources, People Operations, and/or Recruiting
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong creative skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Greenhouse, Lattice, Gusto, or similar platforms
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with LinkedIn Talent Hub or similar talent acquisition software
- Exemplary communication ability, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively influence others
- Experience in WordPress a plus
To learn more about how MyLand is transforming soil health globally, visit myland.ag.
MyLand is a workplace where everyone belongs. It is imperative to our culture that all employees celebrate their background and experiences. We believe being true to who you are allows us all to be happier, more confident, and excited to do great things together. We are committed to building a company and community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best. Because, without your unique perspective, we can't have ours.